34 Mind Blowing YouTube Facts, Figures and Statistics – 2016
- Ver Original
- Novembro 25º, 2016
Youtube launched February 14th, 2005 by Steve Chen, Chad Hurley, and Jawed Karim. Now it is the 3rd most visited website in the world.
Youtube Statistics – 2016
Facts and Numbers
- The very first YouTube video was uploaded on 23 April 2005.
- The total number of people who use YouTube – 1,300,000,000.
- 300 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute!
- Almost 5 billion videos are watched on Youtube every single day.
- In an average month, 8 out of 10 18-49 year-olds watch YouTube.
- By 2025, half of viewers under 32 will not subscribe to a pay-TV service.
- 6 out of 10 people prefer online video platforms to live TV
- The total number of hours of video watched on YouTube each month – 3.25 billion.
- 10,113 Youtube videos generated over 1 billion views.
- 80% of YouTube’s views are from outside of the U.S.
- The average number of mobile YouTube video views per day is 1,000,000,000
- The average mobile viewing session lasts more than 40 minutes
- Female users are 38% and male users are 62%.
- User Percentage by Age 18-24 – 11%, 25-34 – 23%, 35-44 – 26%, 45-54 – 16%, 50-64 – 8%, 65+ – 3%, unknown age – 14%.
- Mobile Youtube users spent 40 minutes on average session, up more than 50% year-over-year
- More than half of YouTube views come from mobile devices.
- YouTube’s mobile revenue is up to 2x y/y.
- YouTube overall and even YouTube on mobile alone reaches more 18-34 and 18-49 year-olds than any cable network in the U.S.
- The number of hours people spend watching videos (aka watch time) on YouTube is up 60% year-over-year, the fastest growth we’ve seen in 2 years.
- You can navigate YouTube in a total of 76 different languages (covering 95% of the Internet population).
- 9% of U.S small businesses use Youtube
YouTube Company Financials
- The Annual cost of running and maintaining YouTube is $6,350,000,000.
- Google’s annual revenue generated from YouTube is $4,000,000,000.
- Youtube generate 6% of Google’s ad sales revenue.
- Since 2007 YouTube has paid $1,250,000,000 to rights holders.
- Google paid $1,65 billion for YouTube in November of 2006.
- Sequoia Capital invested only $11.5 million into YouTube in November 2005.
- Partners revenue is up 50% y/y for the last 3 years.
- The World highest paid youtube stars earned a combined total of $54.5 million in 2015.
- The highest paid Youtube partner is PewDiePie with annual income reaching $12 million for 2015.
- The number of channels earning six figures per year on YouTube is up 50% y/y.
- The number of advertisers running video ads on YouTube is up more than 40% y/y. And for Youtube top 100 advertisers, the average spend per advertiser is up over 60% y/y.
Source : fortunelords.com
Author : Danny Donchev