The first movie ever made was produced in 1878. Technology has changed significantly over the last 150 years. Most movies are viewed online through YouTube, Netflix and other movie sites.
- Allowed people to watch movies without leaving their home
- Opened the door for amateur producers to post their own videos
- Created more social movie experiences, since people could comment on videos posted by others
- Easily edit videos to create new takes
While sites like YouTube have changed the way we consume video content, new changes are still on the horizon. New apps are also changing the way we interact with online videos.
Here are some of the best online video apps.
Have you ever watched a YouTube video and accidentally closed it while browsing other ones? MyTube has a unique solution. It allows you to play videos in the background, while searching for new ones. MyTube also has some of the most seamless browsing capabilities of any YouTube app.
Do you find that some parts of the day are better for watching videos than others? This is because most devices don’t adjust for changes in ambient light in the surrounding area. This is one of the reasons Jasmine is such an amazing app. It adjusts for lighting differences, so you can have the same, slick experience throughout the day.
Of course, there are plenty of other benefits of Jasmine. It also:
- Enables you to create comprehensive and easily searchable playlists
- View recently played video clips from your main dashboard
- Doesn’t provide any additional ads (although you still need to deal with the ones that YouTube displays)
Jasmine is one of the best apps for providing a consistent, quality YouTube experience.
How often do you come across an amazing video that you want to save? Unfortunately, YouTube doesn’t make it easy to save videos as MP3 files. You will need to use a third-party app. GreenMP3 is one of the best apps for converting YouTube videos to MP3 files. The service is new, but it’s already challenging Jasmine and other tools that offer MP3 video conversion features.
YouTube may be the most popular video sharing site, but it doesn’t have every video on the web. In fact, many YouTube videos aren’t allowed, due to the site’s strict policy guidelines. If you want to access videos that aren’t available on YouTube, you should look for a broader video viewing app. Vodio is great, because it aggregates videos from other sources, such as Daily Motion.
5. Tube Player
- You can easily change the video controls with your finger.
- You have very nimble control over the volume of your videos.
- You can change frames in ten second intervals, which is a greater level of precision than most other video apps.
- You can control the background audio.
Tube Player is available for free on Google Play.
6. YouTube Capture
Sharing your own videos on YouTube isn’t easy with the base app. YouTube Capture is a wonderful supplement. You can use the app to immediately share videos as you capture them on your mobile device. You can also easily share videos that you find on Vine, Instagram and other social sharing sites. It is a great app that makes video sharing easier than ever.
YouTube and other video sites have made it easier than ever for us to enjoy great videos. However, the functionality of these sites themselves is limited, especially for mobile users. Fortunately, there plenty of great apps that you can use to enjoy a seamless online video experience.
Featured photo credit: Johnny Mckane / Pexels via pexels.com
Get An Awesome Life