Top 50 Most Viewed YouTube Channels Worldwide • Week Of 3/21/14
[Editor’s Note: Tubefilter Charts is a weekly rankings column from Tubefilter with data provided by OpenSlate. It’s exactly what it sounds like; a top number ranking of YouTube channels based on statistics collected within a given time frame. Check out all of our Tubefilter Charts – with new installments every Friday – here.] Scroll down for this week’s Tubefilter Chart.It’s another installment of the weekly Tubefilter Chart of the Top 50 Most Viewed YouTube Channels Worldwide and PewDiePie is back on top.
Felix Arvid Ulf Kjellberg‘s PewDiePie channel is still in the #1 spot in the world this week thanks in part to a few more videogame walkthroughs of South Park: The Stick of Truth. The 24-year-old Swedish gamer’s YouTube channel scored nearly 50.7 million views in the last seven days. In second place is Katy Perry still atop her “Dark Horse“. The music video that attracted unwanted attention from the Muslim community kept the pop star’s view count high with more than 49.8 million views in the last week.
Up next in third place is DisneyCollectoBR. The perennial chart topper with a penchant for children’s toys ended the week with nearly 36.6 million views. Next up is StampyLongHead. The British gamer who especially likes to play Minecraft came in the #4 position with more than 34.4 million views during the week. And rounding out the Top 5 is CollegeHumor. The IAC-owned comedy destination garnered nearly 31.9 million views in the last seven days.
The aforementioned CollegeHumor is one of our Top Gainers this week.
The YouTube outpost of the IAC-owned comedy site generally sees hundreds of thousands of views per upload, but their recent Photoshop spoof skyrocketed up to an eight-figure view count. Photoshop Has Gone Too Far is play on all of those videos you’ve seen that reveal how the image-altering software in the hands of savvy editors at fashion magazines and brands has ruined our perception of beauty and self by portraying unrealistic physical ideals in popular culture.
The video begins with a shot of a conventionally attractive female and then goes onto show you the original image. It’s worth a watch and helped CollegeHumor’s YouTube channel achieve a 120% week-over-week increase in views to top out at nearly 31.9 million views and the #5 spot on the worldwide charts.
All in all, the top 50 most viewed YouTube channels accounted for 1,012,919,373 views last week. Here’s the distribution of a few of those channels by multi-channel network:
- VEVO: 14 channels in the Top 50, with Katy Perry at #2.
- Maker Studios: 6 channels in the Top 50, with PewDiePie at #1.
- Machinima: 3 channels in the Top 50, with SkyDoesMinecraft at #21.
- Disney, Fullscreen, XMediaDigital, Zefr: 2 channels each in the Top 50, with Disney’s Disney Animation at #15, Fullscreen’s TheFineBros. at #33, XMediaDigital’s GetMovies at #14, and Zefr’s MovieclipsTrailers at #28.
And here’s the distribution of the this week’s Top 50 YouTube channels by country of origin:
- United States: 29 channels in the Top 50.
- Great Britain: 6 channels in the Top 50.
- Canada: 3 channels in the Top 50 .
- Russia, Sweden, Thailand: 2 channels each in the Top 50.
- Argentina, India, Netherlands, Philippines, Spain, Turkey: 1 channel each in the Top 50.