Video advertisers know a combination of motivating visuals and audio and effective calls-to-action are the key ingredients for a successful video marketing campaign. Digital video advertising is very powerful because you can create true, meaningful engagement with your target market. Interactive video advertising can be challenging, but there are a number of best practices you can implement in your interactive video advertising campaign to ensure it performs well.
1. Understand your objective. Before you implement any sort of strategy or best practice, it is important that you have a clear understanding of the ultimate goal for your campaign. The creative execution of your interactive video ad will be directly effected by the objective you are aiming for, whether it is awareness, engagement, or conversion.
2. Create stopping power. Grab your viewers’ attention by creating stopping power. Using bright colors, animation, and buttons or ‘bugs,’ give users a visual cue of where they can control the video.
3. Be obvious with your message or promotion. Once you have your viewers’ attention, they should immediately understand what it is you are trying to promote. Videos perform better if recognizable equities like brand names, logos, and key colors are immediately apparent and consistent throughout the video.
4. Be more clear than creative. Make sure you get your message across in a way your target market will easily understand. Tell viewers what is is they need to know, and what they need to do after watching your video. Calls-to-action like “Click here to watch more” are a clear, concise method to invoke interaction.
5. Give your viewers something valuable. Once your viewer is engaged, reward him with something entertaining, funny, or inspiring in some way. You could even build in a tangible item such as a coupon or free sample of your product. Give your viewers something that makes them glad they watched your video.
6. Keep it sweet and simple. Leave your audience wanting more. Don’t overwhelm your viewers with too much information, or confusing visuals. Less is more, in this instance. Design your interactive video for ultimate intrigue and engagement.
If you incorporate these best practices into your interactive video advertising strategy, your ads are more likely to perform well with your target audience. While video advertising can be complex, it is not impossible to master. Going back to the basics always seems to work in the video marketing industry. For more information on video advertising, contact the experts at In Focus Studios, with offices in Annapolis, Maryland and Raleigh, North Carolina.