Online video is proving to be a powerful marketing tool for many businesses. Indeed, if a business is not doing video, they are now behind the competition, according to Sage Lewis, a leading Digital Marketing expert in a recent seminar.
Many studies have looked into the power that producing an online video has for a business and below you can see some of the main findings:
- Watching online videos is now a mainstream activity. 78% of people watch at least once a week and 55% watch everyday
- Online video consumption increased by 38% between May 2011 and May 2012
- Dr. James McQuivey of Forrester Research says a minute of video is worth 1.8 million words
- 81% of senior marketing executives now use online video content in their marketing programs, up from 70% in 2011, as reported by MarketingProfs.
- Cisco expects video to account for 57% of consumer internet traffic by 2015, nearly four times as much as regular web browsing and email.
- Over 1 billion unique users visit YouTube every month (source:YouTube, 2013)
- 500 years of YouTube video are watched every day on Facebook, and over 700 YouTube videos are shared on Twitter each minute (source: YouTube, 2013)
- The average YouTube visitor watches 388.3 minutes of video each month (Comscore, 2013)
- People are most likely to engage with branded content on social media that contains pcitures (44%) and videos (37%) (source: Performics, 2012)
- 1 in 5 Twitter users discovering videos each day from tweeted links. What’s more, two-thirds of Twitter users feel it worth watching videos tweeted by brands (source: Hubspot, 2013)
Video for Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Video results have appeared in almost 70% of the top 100 search listing on Google in 2012 (Marketing Week, 2012)
- The chances of getting a page one listing on Google increase 53 times with video (source: Forrester Research, 2012)
- SEOMOZ concludes that posts with videos included will attract 3 times more in-linking domains than a plain text post.
- Econsultancy estimates videos in universal search results have a 41% higher click-through rate than plain-text results.
Video for Websites
- Forbes indicates, 65% of senior executives have visited a company’s website after watching a video.
- A study by Comscore found that on average a website visitor will stay two minutes longer on a site when they watch a video.
- 4 in 10 shoppers visited a store online or in-person as a direct result of watching a video (source, ReelSEO, 2012)
Video for Mobile
- Online video accounts for 50% of all mobile traffic and up to 69% of traffic on certain networks (source: Bytemobile Mobile Analytics Reports, 2013)
- Online video consumption increased by 38% between May 2011 and May 2012 (source: Comscore, 2012)
- 63% of digital video screening on mobiles does not happen on-the-go, but rather at home (source: Cisco, 2013)
Video for Email
- Get Response says that from over 800,000 emails sent from GetResponse Pro accounts, emails with video received 5.6% higher open rates on average and 96.38% higher click-through rates than emails without video.
- MarketingProfs estimate that 76% of senior marketing executives say campaigns that integrate video and email generate higher click-through rates.
- When marketers used the word “video” in an email subject line, open rates rose 7% to 13% (Experian 2012)
Examples of Companies Harnessing the power of video
- Stacksandstacks.com reported that visitors were 144% more likely to buy a product after seeing a video of the product than those who didn’t.
- Ice.com found that viewers who chose to view video converted at a 400% increase over those who didn’t. The site also credited video with decreasing returns by 25%
- Shoeline.com experienced a 44% increase in online sales conversions by using videos to showcase their products
- Living Direct found that videos boosted conversion and increased time on site by 9%
- Pegasus Lighting increased conversion by 27% with on-site video.
- Zappos saw increases of 6% to 30% in sales for their products that had a video accompaniment
"Onde Quando e Como eu Quiser"
subscreve ✅ http://bit.ly/ONDEQUANDOCOMO