Top 100 Most Viewed YouTube Channels Worldwide • December 2015
- Ver Original
- Janeiro 25º, 2016
Tubefilter Charts – with new installments every week – right here.]
Scroll down for the Tubefilter Chart.
It’s another installment of the Top 100 Most Subscribed YouTube Channels Worldwide and Justin Bieber is on an incredible tear.
An international pop star is on the top of the charts agains this month in commanding fashion. Justin Bieber released his fourth studio album “Purpose” in mid-November 2015 and the videos associated with the album’s singles have amassed a LOT of views on YouTube. The Bieb’s channel racked up nearly 866.2 million views during the 31 days of the month. That breaks down to roughly 27.9 million views per day, 1.16 million views per hour, 19,403 views per minute, and 323 views per second.
In a very distant second place is WWE. The YouTube home of all things World Wrestling Entertainment slammed down more than 482.8 million views in December. Adele is next up in third place. The international pop star who occupied the #2 spot on this chart in November dipped 17% in views to bottom out with just about 470.2 million of them. In fourth place is Ryan ToysReview. The current reigning champion of YouTube’s family-friendly toy unboxing genre ended the month with almost 464.7 million views.
And rounding out the Top 5 is mashamedvedtv. The apparently incredibly popular Russian children’s cartoon scored more than 458.8 million views during the month.
The honor of one of our our Top Gainers this month goes to Psy.
The YouTube channel of the South Korean-turned-international pop star played host to his first major music video release in nearly 18 months’ time. Psy’s November 30 upload of Daddy (feat. CL of 2NE1) M/V racked up a nine-figure view count and helped his channel to a 314% month-over-month increase in views, almost 174 million views on the month, and the #49 spot on the worldwide chart.
The Top 100 Most Viewed YouTube channels this month amassed in aggregate a total of 21,065,115,684 views. Here’s a look at the distribution of those channels broken down by the most-represented YouTube Multi-Channel Networks on the chart:
- VEVO: 19 channels in the Top 100. Justin Bieber is the network’s highest ranking channel at #1.
- Maker Studios: 10 channels in the Top 100, with TheDiamondMinecart at #17.
- BroadbandTV, Machinima: 4 channels each in the Top 100, with BBTV’s fernanfloo at #50 and Machinima’s VanossGaming at #20.
- XMediaDigital: 3 channels in the Top 100, with mashamedvedtv at #5.
- AIR, BuzzFeed, Movieclips, OhMyGenius: 2 channels each in the Top 100, with AIR’s Miss Katy at #25, BuzzFeed’s BuzzFeed Video at #13, Collective Digital Studio’s FamilyFunPack at #7, and OhMyGenius’ Kids Channel at #86.
And here’s a look into the distribution of the this month’s Top 100 by country of origin:
- The United States: 47 channels in the Top 100.
- Great Britain, India: 7 channels each in the Top 100.
- Brazil, Spain: 5 channels each in the Top 100.
- Canada, Russia, South Korea: 4 channels each in the Top 100.
- Japan, Thailand: 3 channels each in the Top 100.
- Ukraine: 2 channels in the Top 100.
- Argentina, Childe, Denmark, El Salvador, Ireland, Jamaica, Netherlands, Sweden, Turkey: 1 channel each in the Top 100.
OpenSlate is a video content analytics platform that tracks more than 220,000 YouTube video channels and measures their ability to attract, engage and influence an audience. By providing one consistent measure of quality – the SlateScore™ – OpenSlate helps marketers, producers and agencies hone their online video marketing strategy.