Unruly has released a new white paper that shows video sharing increased 7 percent in Q2 over the Super Bowl-dominated Q1, based mainly on three ads that you could not miss over the last three months: Dove’s “Real Beauty Sketches,” Evian’s “Baby & Me,” and Kmart’s “Ship My Pants.” Those three ads are now in the Top 20 shared ads of all time. The Evian and Dove ads accounted for 21.4 percent of all the sharing in Q2.
- Entertainment was #1, fueled by the sharing of the trailer for Man of Steel.
- CPG (Consumer Packaged Goods) and FMCG (Fast-Moving Consumer Goods) was #2, helped along by Evian and Dove.
- Tech was third, helped along by this much-discussed ad by Sony that punches competitor Microsoft right in the face:
- In 4th, Retail beat Autos for the first time this year on the strength of Kmart’s “Ship My Pants” and “Big Gas Savings.”
- Autos finished fifth, dropping 67.3 percent and with only one video standing out, Audi’s “The Challenge,” the Zachary Quinto and Leonard Nimoy ad from May:
Also, special mention was made for GEICO’s “Hump Day” ad, which wasn’t in one of the major verticals but nonetheless made a big impact with over 1.5 million shares since its launch May 22:
If you’re interested in reading more, the report can be downloaded (with e-mail notification) after clicking here.
Source: Video Sharing Increased in Q2 2013, Thanks to Three Big Ads http://www.reelseo.com/video-sharing-increased-q2-2013-big-ads/#ixzz2t3P35IzF
©ReelSEO.com, All Rights Reserved
Follow us: @ReelSEO on Twitter | ReelSEO on Facebook
"Onde Quando e Como eu Quiser"
subscreve ✅ http://bit.ly/ONDEQUANDOCOMO